Dynamic Current Management not only offers a fault protection, it also offers continual maintaining of output and will identify faulty lock readers or wiring issues. The key to this feature is that it will adapt to the environment that it is in. It ‘learns’ what is normal at that installation and measures any changes – it can be genuinely considered to be intelligent access control.
Key Features of DCM:
- The lock and reader outputs are industry protected to 1.9A and 300mA respectively.
- If output current rises above the figure above the output will be turned off until the fault is cleared.
- Once the fault is cleared, the output will be restored within 1 second.
- Any fault on a protected output will not affect other outputs.
- Any fault on a protected output will protect the PSU’s fuse.
- At initial set up, or after any changes in output load, the loads are calibrated and stored by the controller.
- If the current draw rises above a predefined percentage, on-screen alerts and emails will notify admin and/or installer, depending on set up, allowing preventative maintenance.
- In addition to DCM the board is also protected by a number of opto-isolators. This will prevent external high voltage from interfering with the board.